I am still busy and finding it difficult to take out time and write. But I was just too furious to give this a pass.
The blue eyed boy of Mumbai or so he likes to think of himself has elicited such a reponse from me. I am talking of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray. He wins the "Fresh Face/ Best Newcomer" award for the Ku Klux Klan annual awards hands down.There were many contenders, in the race, Article 370, seperatists in Kashmir, Hate All Hindi Speaking Groups in Tamil Nadu, The countless Brahmin/ Rajput/Kayastha/Vaishya/etc etc etc Samaajs, Ranvir Sena, SIMI, Bajrang Dal,Khalistan Supporters, Osama lovers, Dot Busters in New Jersey who targeted Indians in the 1980's................................
But all of them and many more are yesterday's news. Today the buzz word is Raj Thackeray. And I guess this is what he wanted anyways. A spoilt child throwing temper tantrums to get some attention. Well the spoilt child more often than less breaks some expensive and precious items in the process. So Raj Thackeray, is determined to tear and mutilate the tolerant, all embracing,cosmopolitan nature of Mumbai. He is destroying the very essence of Mumbai. I think he missed the staple of our childhood: DD's beloved "Ek Titlee, Anek Titleeyaan"...the Anekta mein Ekta message.
He and his Maharashtra Navnirman Sena attacked and disrupted and brutally attacked North Indian Railway Exams and its North Indian candidates. Supposedly they were angry with unfair representation of 'locals' in the exam ..whatever that means..And yes freedom of expression has been stretched thin by Mr. Raj Thackeray and his party. Goondaraj at its best. Xenophobia at its best.
I wonder what this self procalaimed Messiah of the Maharashtrain People has to say about this:
1) Succesful Maharashtrains in the US of A. These Maharashtrians moved to the US for purely economic reasons. The wanted to make more money and had dreams of a better life. Beware my dear Maharashtrain friends who are outside Maharashtra for economic and other reasons. You have no right to make a honest living if it is outside Maharashtra according to RT's logic.
2) All the Maharashtrian actors like Madhuri Dixit, Nana Patekar, Sonali Bendre, Amol Palekar, Shreyas Talpade..............should be punished for working in Hindi movies, going by the same logic. They should have stuck to Marathi Theatre and films.
3) How dare the women of Maharashtra wear Salwar Kameez a traditional attire of North India. Its sacrilege. They should sweat it out in their 9 yard saris.
4) Shiv Sena and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena and other local parties should remain - that local. Please abort all nationalistic dreams. Local parties elsewhere are not given a fair chance when you open party offices in other states.
5) When there is an an external attack/ or God forbid natural calamity in Maharashtra, what should the CRPF, BSF and the Army do? Wait for RT to decide if the North Indian officers have the right to act in Maharashtra or will that too be seen as an anti- Maharashtra conspiracy.
Well RT you are not going far with this ideology. "Mla Marathi yet nai" should not become a crime however much you wish for it. The latest is that RT got arrested in Ratnagiri though he had threatened that Maharashtra will burn if he gets arrested. Shudder Shudder!!! All I have to say to you Mr. RT grow up and get a life or atleast a new political strategist.