You Know You are Homesick When..........
1.The quaint greengrocer fails to charm you and your heart yearns for the sabzi bazaar/mandi ..be it Doranda Market Ranchi, Antaghaat Patna or Narwaal Mandi Jammu.
2. Shammi Kapoor serenading his leading lady in the vale of Kashmir makes you want to run back home. (Home being Jammu and Kashmir for me)
3. You want to hug anyone in a saree
4. All the strawberry and cream could not stand a chance against langda aam, sitaphal and fresh seasonal litchis
5. Hundreds of trees and lovely flowering plants around you and your eyes still dream of Gulmohar, Peepal and Bargad.
6. All of a sudden you develop a taste for watching any of the many Indian soap operas.
7. It’s a yes to Satyajit Ray’s Feluda. Mr. Doyle Sherlock will have to wait for another day.
8. You read aloud books in your mother tongue (Dogri)just to hear the sound of it :(
9. You are not sure whether to laugh or cry when you see good ols pappad being referred to as "Poppadums"
10.You suddenly do not mind your 5 year old and his other Desi friend singing and very loudly at that, in a public bus in London " Seeti baja ke bol Bhaiya All is Well!"